Free walks in more than 130 destinations!
Find a Greeter
Become a Greeter
Come as a guest,
leave as a friend!
Let Greeters take you on a free walk through his home city for 2-3 hours:
- Greeters are a worldwide non profit organisation.
- Destinations around the world offer personal, private walks with locals through cities for visitors.
- Our city walks – called Greets – are free of charge, no tipping
- Greets are offered for single tourists and small groups up to six people.
- Greeters want to be a friendly face for those visiting a city.
Find a Greeter
Grab your Greet,
enjoy a free walk
Born in 1992 in New York, the Greeter idea has spread around the world. (Figures 2018)
Why not visit…
Start Your Own Greeter Destination
It’s fun to be a Greeter: meeting people, making friends, practising languages, being a member of the international Greeter family…
Core Values of the International Greeter Association
All Members share the following Core Values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeters support sustainable tourism. They respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Greeters aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter organizations create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.
What our guests say
Booking with Tokyo Greeters was the best decision we took. Kiyo was kind, charming and he prepared an excellent tour for us in Shibuya. He speaks perfect Spanish, so we didn’t have any problem understanding him. My boyfriend and I keep a great memory about him and his tour.
Grâce à la qualité des commentaires de notre Greeter et à son excellente connaissance de la ville, j’ai découvert une ville dont j’ignorais la richesse architecturale, bien qu’habitant à quelques kilomètres seulement.
It was a most wonderful day. I learned so much about the area and got to see a fantastic Japanese Garden, a splendid array of architectural gems and most of all suggestions for return visits to the area. Das is a national treasure!!