Free walks in more than 140 destinations!
Find a Greeter
Come as a guest,
leave as a friend!
Let one of our Greeters in more than 140 destinations take you on free walks through their home city for 2-3 hours:
- Greeters are a worldwide non profit organisation.
- Destinations around the world offer private free walks with locals through cities for visitors.
- Our city walks – called Greets – are free of charge, no tipping
- Greets are offered for single tourists and small groups up to six people.
- Greeters want to be a friendly face for those visiting a city.
Find a Greeter
Grab your Greet,
enjoy our free walks
Born in 1992 in New York, the Greeter idea has spread around the world. In 2022 we were on our way back to pre-Covid figures.
Choose a Country!
What our guests say – Greeters on Social Media
Greeter Core Values
All IGA members share the following Core Values:
- Volunteering locals
Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Small groups up to six persons
Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Free of charge
Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- No discrimination
All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
- Sustainable tourism
Greeters support sustainable tourism. They respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Greeters aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Cultural exchange
Greeter organizations create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.