International Greeter Association
Core Values of the International Greeter Association (IGA)
All IGA Members share the following Core Values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeters support sustainable tourism. They respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Greeters aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter organizations create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.